- Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 February 2017 11:42
With freezing temperatures across Europe NG Solidarity with Refugees are asking for your help to keep people warm. They will take warm blankets and sleeping bags to Northern France to provide desperately needed warmth and bedding to children and adults in the Dunkirk refugee camp and the refugees in Paris.
Whilst the camp in Calais was dismantled in late October 2016, there are still over a thousand refugees children and adults living in the camp in Dunkirk and many people sleeping rough on the on the streets of Paris, with more arriving each day.
There is a desperate need for thick warm blankets and warm sleeping bags, to provide basic warmth and bedding.
If you don't have any blankets but are interested in making financial donations please see the crowd funder at; www.youcaring.com/Nottinghamblanketdrive. For every £20 donated they will buy a warm blanket on your behalf.
#NottinghamBlanketDrive for Refugees on 4th March 2017
at Unit 2 Gauntley Court, Hyson Green, Nottingham, NG7 5HD.
Please note they are only collecting warm Thick Blankets and 3 – 4 Season Sleeping Bags (so, no duvets please – they are not suitable).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 January 2017 11:40
Check out the latest news including:-
- NCC Pay & Reward – Implementation Talks
- Legal Claims on Increment Freeze
- Dates for Branch Annual General Meetings
- Nominations for Branch Officers and Reps
- Delegates needed for National Conferences
- Last Updated on Thursday, 12 January 2017 13:55
All UNISON Branches are required to hold an Annual General Meeting to which all members are encouraged to attend. Because our membership covers such a large geographical area we have arranged a number of meetings at different times and locations in the hope that many of you will be able to attend.
UNISON is a representative democracy which means members elect other members to represent them both inside the union and outside to employers at local, regional and national level. These elections take place annually at the Annual General Meetings. Further information is attached.
At the meeting, the Annual Report and Financial Accounts are received which details the work the Branch has focused on over the past year.
All members are given the opportunity to ask questions.
We look forward to seeing you at one of the meetings detailed on the attachment.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 22 December 2016 11:42
The ballot on the council proposals to pay, terms and conditions closed on 21 December.
The ballot results are:
- Total number of ballot papers issued x 2070
- Total number of ballot papers received x 557
- Total number of members voting to ACCEPT the Offer x 446 (80%)
- Total number of members voting to REJECT the Offer x 109 (20%)
- Total number of spoilt ballot paper x 2
- Turn out 27%
Further details regarding the next steps will be sent out in early January.